Piedy Nationals 1st & 2nd May

piebuss

Hey all

The notice of race is now up on the BBYC website

http://www.bbyc.org.nz/Keeler/NoticeofRaceSailingInstructions/tabid/111/Default.aspx

So get you're boats ready and get out there.

There will be space to tie up the boats at the public wharf down at bucks for the dock party Sat night.

If you have any issues give one of us a call

Ben Lowe - 021 2617650

Don Mackintosh - 021 495900

Or me - 021 1031952

We can give you a hand getting youreself organised. I've heard Tom Kearny (021 2450229) will be doing free hull cleans..... :clap: Hit him up.....

Thats the awesome thing bout piedys no life lines to break so hold onto something else :thumbup: new kites gonna be massive max class size bring on 10 knots of wind

Get you're sails measured early.

We will not be doing an initial measuring at briefing. The reason being that we all have a tendancy to push the rules so the chances are some sails will not measure.

Those sails will need to be re-cut and there is no time between briefing and racing to have it re-cut and re-measured.

Get you're sails in at least a week before so that if they do not measure you can fix it and we can take another look at them before racing.

Ok, for Piedy National Vigins like myself a; where do we get the sail measuring done and b; like in other classes does the measurer accept bribes?

Adrian P is the measurer, we are trying to arrange a time/place for an evening next week. Bribes are accepted and encouraged.

So what new rags are you getting for the damp?

What caused the racing to be held on the 1st Squadron winter race tho?

Now I have to let someone down who was really looking forward to it - as both people off my boat were

In the nicest possible way

you buncha numpties?.......

My guess would be

11-12th 1020 Nationals

17-18th 88 Nationals and Davidson regatta

23rd Major Rum Race

1st Piedy National

9th May First BBYC winter race.

Not much free time and given that Bucks are organising unlikely they are going to move their events, A bit the same as us having to miss at least one race every year to do Simrad which fall on the same weekend as the winter series

can we get the measuring done friday afternoon/ evening got 4 days to make my new kite as im still waiting for my bloody cloth to arrive..

Adrian also happens to be the class smack talker so you're in for a treat.....

And I'll remind you that any bribe may enable you're oversize sail to be measured in, but I'm pretty sure the rules cannot be bent on the size of the "special" signature.....

It wont be oversize just max size and dont get me wrong i wont be putting it up in over 15 knots gonna recut my other big kite so its slightly flatter

Archived