Milford Marina Problem

email received this morning - so glad my baby is still up at Mahurangi !!!

"Dear MCC member

Please be aware that the seals on the Milford Marina sill have unfortunately failed. As a consequence the Mariners Association had no alternative other than to lock the sill in the ‘down’ position.

This will mean that until the problem is fixed the marina will empty out and this may well affect the angle at which some boats settle in the mud!

Rest assured everything is being done to fix the problem however at this point the Mariners Association is unable to confirm when the problem will be fixed.

Kind regards

Alan

Alan Macfarlane

MCC Secretary

Mobile :- 021 02273137

Email :- alan@yourcd.co.nz

I will have to charge you for taking photos of my boat Amoretto :D

I must admit I was a bit shaken when I received the email about the sill failure. Thankfully she leaned the right way and there was no damage. A couple of extra mooring lines kept her upright on the next low tide.

I believe the sill is to be fixed hopefully on Thursday.

I will have to charge you for taking photos of my boat Amoretto :D

I must admit I was a bit shaken when I received the email about the sill failure. Thankfully she leaned the right way and there was no damage. A couple of extra mooring lines kept her upright on the next low tide.

I believe the sill is to be fixed hopefully on Thursday.

Feel free to use the pics, wont charge you royalties !!!

Is there anything behind a rumour drifting around pre-Xmas someone is trying to have a crack at digging the channel out to try and make Milford less tide influenced?

Be bloody good if they could but sadly I think all the digger would find is Taniwhas. Then again they can be tamed with a large dollop of cash.