Tsunami?

Immediately followed by... https://twitter.com/NZcivildefence/status/1140042668250030080

There is no tsunami threat to New Zealand following the M7.0 Kermadec Islands region earthquake. Based on current information, the initial assessment is that the earthquake is unlikely to have caused a tsunami that will pose a threat to NZ.

the tweet from CD withdrawing the tsunami alert has a time stamp of 4:45 pm 15th June... i.e. yesterday.

f*ck I am confused...

When did this happen?

Can I go for a walk on the beach?

I was just about to leave, now I can't tell if this is yesterday's news or I should go walk up a hill instead...

That would be US Pacific Time. What is your computer clock set to? For me it reads as 6:45pm, 15 June, which is correct local time in Chicago.

It has shown the system still leaks like a sieve instead of being water tight in operation. I had been on line at the time and yet still missed the news item by at least 30min. How on earth do they expect anyone to get any kind of warning if they rely simply on a very poor method of communication to the Public and one that was in itself so confusing.