velocitek

drbob, you are completely free to choose whatever you like. I'm just pointing out some options! Not all phones are Iphones, there are some ruggedised ones just as tough as the velocitek, or better. My (now aging and due for replacement) Motorola Defy has gorilla glass and is ip67. Its worth about $200 I think.

I completely agree that whatever you use should not be loose in the cockpit. Even the velocitek has a cradle, does it not? Lots of cradles available for the various devices.

Cheers

Matt

anyone familiar with the prostart velocitek and who has them with the best price cheers jeremy

Thought I would just quote what the person who started the thread was asking and presumably looking for information on... options are good, and welcomed... actually answering what the original poster was looking for information about, probably even better.

I've found the prostart to be the best racing tool I've ever used. It means you totally don't have to worry about transits or being over at the start and you can just concentrate on boat placement in relation to the other boats and get the favoured end of the line.

Even better than that they stand behind their products. My prostart stopped working after bay week and velocitec have said send it back and we'll repair or replace.

Brilliant!! Can't recommend these more.

Archived