Fitting for trapeze to mast

I need to attach trapeze new trapeze lines to my javelin mast. They used to be threaded through a small hole in the mast and looped round the same through bolt as the side stays. I'm keen to move to dyneema so don't want to feed it through the mast as I figure it will wear in the hole in the side of the mast. At the same time I don't want to drill any more holes in the mast so was wanting to do something like in the diagram I have attached.

The trouble has been finding a tang or something similar that has a 10mm hole for mounting to the mast. I know Ronstan do a really bulky one at about $30 a piece but I am hoping to spend a whole lot less than that.

Any idea where I could find something like this?

Alternatively, if I smooth out the holes through the mast will the dyneema wear OK.

Cheers,

Chris

Trapeze mast attachment.jpg

Did you transpose the side-stay and trapeze labels in the diagram? Assuming so, I think you're right not to go through the existing hole.

I'm guessing that the Ronstan part you had in mind was something like this: http://www.ronstan.com/marine/product.asp?ProdNo=RF604 ? In the grand scheme of things, $30 doesn't sound out of order to me.

No, the trapeze lines are above the stays as it allows us to trapeze forward and behind the side stays to trim the boat in all conditions.

Was more thinking of this http://www.ronstan.com/marine/product.asp?ProdNo=RF348

Part of the problem with it is how huge it is. The $30 per side is a bit much for the bank balance at this time of year unfortunately.

The other option I thought of was to get some stainless plate and get it bent a few degrees and drilled.

K, got it. Yeah home brew seems feasible. FWIW my F16 has a hound fitting a bit like the Ronstan I posted (though heavier) but with two holes on the front, the lower for the stays and the upper for the trap lines (skipper and crew). So it allows the range of movement you need.

Thanks. Looks like I'll just take the kids sailing for a month or two with a sunburst sail on it then sort the trapeze later in the summer. I figure I'll be able to afford to sort something then.