Westhaven gates wide open.

Isn't that rich , people like me , 25 year continuous tenants in westhaven aren't allowed to visit a mate on his boat on his pier because pretty obviously in Westhavens opinion , I'm going to nick something.

I go to my boat this morning and the gates are unlocked for an event.

A whole pile of people , endless ,crew from anywhere, have access to my boat if they want.

Draconian over the top , ludicrous security measures for honest people , no security if its an event .. wide open to the public.

• Upvote 2

John B, if you read the fine print I think you'll find that they have permitted themselves to do this with complete immunity from any damage, theft, solicited, or indeed unsolicited prostitution, drug taking etc. that might take place on you boat from them letting in anyone at any time, day or night, event or no event.

Hell, you should just be thankful they even let you park you boat there for the measly rent you pay!

Hi guys, 

Three piers were opened today at the request of the RNZYS to help facilitate the Red Bull and Classic Yacht Regattas. The gates will close again at 6pm. 

John B, please drop into the office and get your swipe tag programmed for the piers you want to visit, it shouldn't be a problem.

Swipe tags have made a significant difference to the amount of stuff being taken off boats, and unknown people entering the marina. they can be a bit inconvenient but  our system offers flexibility and ultimately our customers expect their boats to be safe above everything else.     

If you are down here do check out the Red Bull it's an awesome regatta and the marina will be buzzing 

http://www.rnzys.org.nz/RoyalNewZealandYachtSquadronHomePage/tabid/36/ctl/Details/mid/495/ItemID/1446/Default.aspx