safety gear

I think its very good they do safety checks, and need to do them especially in the BMW as the 2 anchor requirement is one that adds a massive weight penalty and I always carry them in cat 4 events and wonder if everyone else is!

I always remember taking my anchor and chain out to the boat before my first race and my crew hitting the roof, "what the hell is that!, were not lugging that around!"

I said, its the min allowed under the rules so we gotta have it, but fark its heavy!

When I weighed Capricorn for the 8.5 rule, it was on the hard and all the gear was at home, but I brought it in the car in case she was under weight, lucky I did because she was 720kg without safety gear, rope and pullys and motor! the saftey gear including anchor was bloody heavy, just for cat 5! and she got up to 790 pretty quick when I started throwing gear back on!!!!

FYI -

Samin for the mighty GDT you can have a compliant* primary rope/chain/anchor set up for under 12kg in total. Subject to me sussing, I'd almost go as far as to say 10kg. That's all up knot just one part of it.

* - The anchor hasn't been put to a protest but I'd argue it would or certainly should pass that test. It does push regulation limits but also works which is the main thing.

I think a lot of people would be interested in that, or the equivalent for their individual boat.

All joking aside, can you self-initiate a protest to get that confirmed?

The word is they are fine but they do push boundaries in my opinion but then I can be a pedantic prick with stuff like this. Sussing at the moment but don't see any issues really certainly knot with the most important bit which is they do actually work if you have to use them.

Heavier for you but knot a lot, I just ran the numbers out of interest on the GDT.

Archived