Med Cup WTF

http://www.medcup.org/replay/

If you can tune into the replay of race 3 on day 5 where the Kiwis won, can someone explain to me what happened with the ETNZ gennaker drop. I've never seen anything like it. Perhaps Booboo will know. The drop is 30 minutes into the video, you'll be impressed.

post-10714-141887165294.jpg

is there something else special about their drop?

sorry i would watch it but i dont want to waste internet quota having to let half an hour of video load first

Yes Jordan is right, its all done with retrevial lines these days, the same as the AC kites.

When you see the bowman go to the end of the prod thats to grab the retrievla line which is in a pocket at the tack so it doent get tangled during the gybes.

Whatever system they are using, can it be retrofitted to a Cav32?

not unless you fit a bitch winch in the cockpit, rollers around the drop hatch, and the revival cord that runs thru the boat back under the cockpit to get the required distance, at least half the mast height.

So this is a variation on the 2 handed drop being discussed here awhile ago involving a bucket thrown over the side tied to a retrieval line. :D

The difference being, that it works.

Whatever system they are using, can it be retrofitted to a Cav32?

not unless you fit a bitch winch in the cockpit, rollers around the drop hatch, and the revival cord that runs thru the boat back under the cockpit to get the required distance, at least half the mast height.

Retrieval line gets hooked up to a pedestal doesn't it?

Archived