Dynamic Stability Technology...

Hurts

Can anybody tell me what happened with the Wellington (T30 ?) boat which was having those stability fins installed - seem to recall there were some promising numbers then all went quiet... Been trying to search for it but cannot find anything.

All gone I think.

I'm not connected in anyway to the boat, but the sliding mechanism needed beefing up apparently to make it reliable.

The extra weight of that probably killed the performance.

I could just as easily be wrong about that though.

It's still there. Didn't help when the boat nearly got cut in half on the start line in the first winter series race.

Comments from on board remark as to how amazing it goes on a reach. Upwind there are definately times when it better without.

The mechanism has been work on several times and that is going better.

No one here is claiming this one to be a raging success because it hasn't been borne out in the results.

Opening day in 2 weeks and the season to follow will bring some answers. I hope.

If people weren't prepared to have a go, try it out and see if it works, then we would never get ahead. I applaud the willingness to have a go.

I agree with the intention to try it.

Sorry for thinking it had been removed, just what I thought the last time I saw it on the water.

Not that we got close enough for a good look. :)

Archived