Jump to content

Retractable tow line winding thingy in the transom

Recommended Posts

After much goooogling, buggered if I can find the proper name of this thing. The spring loading inside the drum has given up and I'm looking for parts or replacement options.


Anyone know? TIA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, didn't think to grab one last time we were out.


Its a plastic hub, like a car wheel without a tyre, mounted horizontally with the tow line looped around it and the line end going out through a hole in the transom. As the tow line is pulled out (by the dinghy when we're underway) it tensions up the internal spring so that it winds back in when we stop. Its like the internals of a retractable garden hose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...