Used boat market story

floatsome

Our Southern Pacific Inflatables have been at the Paris Boat Show each year, and were at METS last year.

We are up against cheap boats out of South America and cheap crap boats out of China. As an example, a chinese built rebranded Aquapro was retailing at less than our landed price last season

We build hundreds of boats each year, but when you put it across a few models it still drops quantities dramatically to what is produced in a factory in China. So we are getting caught on labour, quality of fabric and components, exchange rate movements and freight. Add to this the typical small company with limited resources problem, and and you can see why we are concentrating on Australia and the Pacific at present.

But we would welcome Distributor enquiry.........

Yes the Weta is built in China.

I'm pretty sure that most boats from France are sailed to the US - or at least that I did as a young fella doing deliveries of large french cats to the US. The same for South African built boats which mostly get to the US on their own bums. Why can't we do that - at least to the West Coast.

On the flip side read this http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/4259139/NZs-500m-superyacht-deals

It's not all bad. One of my businesses is based in marine services and equipment and we have had a record year this year so there must be some boats being built.

Archived