Anyone know the history on this?

southernman

I've gone up and looked at her.

Based on What I saw- I offered $70k.

I REALLLY like the boat and would love to be the owner...

I believe they are dreaming to get $130k based on the condition.

To be back up to speed a lot of work needed.

Major antifoul job.

Full paint job.

Interior is a bit of a knock together. with poor cabinet work (done after Paul Stock built the boat).

The table area is a bit of an embarrassment piece of work- certainly not something you could use with a couple of mates for a rum.

Ideally you would rip the engine box, kitchen and table area out and start again, so you could put something in so you can actually access the engine.

Access to motor is a nightmare. ie you can't access it.

You can apparently get at it enough to do an oil change and change a belt......but it would be an ass of a job from what I saw.

the boat was built about 1992.....and the Motor I think went in after Paul sold the boat...so that would put the motor at about 16 years old.....Being up the islands for a few years and the rest of the things on the boat I doubt much/any Maintenance has been done for a bit? Not sure- never got good info from the owners after many emails.

No fridge.

All the squabs need recovering...probably new squabs really.

Ahhh what else...

If your into racing ( I am) you would want to replace pretty much everything from what I saw.

The boat has been sitting going no where for several years...so your probably also in for new batteries ( although these have been getting topped up from solar panels apparently- but I doubt they would be in great condition still).

In short...Awesome boat....that needs saving.

The current owner seems to be pretty firm on the $130k.....it is a lot of boat after all...But I could see near $80-100k being spent fairly easily doing the refit and maintenance it desperately wants....but that would give you a lovely boat.

I have pictures and some video if anyone wants to save themselves a trip and have a closer look.

If anyone buys it....I'd be enthusiastic to come crew!

Toles.

Archived