elliott 7.8m

Most of them are getting on a bit.

Hull design is good, but struggles upwind in the light and chop. 2 size rigs.

Itchy feet was always the fastest - currently for sale in New Plymouth. She was in Taupo for a long time and also has a very good trailer. Erazer currently in Westhaven is a well done up std rig one. Good coastal boats. Blindingly quick on a breezy reach. Berwick became Final Decision?, but was sold to Oz. The last one was Overspray. It is nicely built, but never had much racing gear.There were a couple more.

Pricing will be anywhere between 25 and 45k depending on condition, sails, motor, trailer etc.

If you are only harbour racing I'd also look at the Elders for sale down south, or a T 750. The E780s are ideal if you are racing, cruising, and also want to do SSANZ, and Cat 3 racing.

Yip Jono is on the Money . I think the elders would spank it.

Reprieve is in fantastic knick with new sails etc.

If you wanted to go cruising etc, then 780 better , there was also a 7.4 for sale and everyone seems to rave about them too.

cheers

I have the E7.4 Energy and have had a good look over Erazer the 780 - both are in really good nick. A well set up 780 would be quicker than a 7.4 but on the flip side a 7.4 would be way better for cruising with 5'10" of headroom and better galley setup. If I can resize some pics I'll post em up.

EE

Phantom is in Lyttelton, was the extra free board model same as berwick/final decision. Weighed it awhile ago at 1050kg. Has the standard rig but now with 3m prod and gennaker. Goes pretty good for a old girl, beat the T8sc on line the other weekend.

Smithy, she never leaves Westhaven carpark so that draw-bar is a super-long extension I bolted on so I don't have to dunk the Volvo. Its AWD so traction is not a problem I am just very averse to putting my car in salt water.

Keeping her down there means the rig stays in (cos its heavy and a two man job to put it up) and it was about $2500 per annum for a double carpark vs. say $6500 + haulouts and antifoul for me to keep an 8m keeler down at Westhaven.

Its 150m from the park to the ramp and a bit slower than jumping straight off the dock but pretty economical and her bum is always clean :)

Most of the bulb keel TYs have extendable drawbars, and some of the R780s and big Jokers.

Hit and Run E7.4 was Chris McMaster's own boat. I always thought she had lower topsides than a std boat.

There were a couple of Young 780 Rockets built, and a few Young 770s as well.

The bargain in Auckland is the Beale 780 at HMB. See Trade Me.Needs work but it was originally well built in Tga, and would be a good do up for someone as a club cruiser racer that could get Cat 3.

Smithy, she never leaves Westhaven carpark so that draw-bar is a super-long extension I bolted on so I don't have to dunk the Volvo. Its AWD so traction is not a problem I am just very averse to putting my car in salt water.

Keeping her down there means the rig stays in (cos its heavy and a two man job to put it up) and it was about $2500 per annum for a double carpark vs. say $6500 + haulouts and antifoul for me to keep an 8m keeler down at Westhaven.

Its 150m from the park to the ramp and a bit slower than jumping straight off the dock but pretty economical and her bum is always clean :)

Makes 100% sense. Great $$ option! Also, like the exhaust man said to me as he replaced the broken muffler on the back of the ute a few months back.. "Ahh, do you own a boat??" :sick: :sick:

Almost exactly the reasons we ended up buying a 7m Sportboat over a number of other race boats. We were real keen on Y8.4 but couldn't agree on $$$, ended up buying HnF for half the value, can race it twice as hard with half the maintainence and go just as fast (we just passed the top 8.4 on racetrack).

Trailer boats are awesome, I want one thats as fast as HnF but has some accomadation. I guess that means one of the cruising Thompsons or a Farrier Tri

Archived