Scotts Landing Dinghy Regatta ?

Zoe

Hello good folk - I understand there is a dinghy regatta at Scott's Landing on Anniversary Weekend. Does anybody know who runs it, and what kinds of boats are sailed? (I don't think it's the local community one??)

I'm keen to sail my Topaz but don't know much about it.

Oh, I'm currently unbeaten in my sailing ding. Will have to look into that.

Hope it doesn't clash with our 18fter racing though. Racing the oldest 18 in NZ and I think was our last World Champ boat..... or at least nudging her hard around the track, she is getting fragile these days.

Post info here if anyone finds some please.

Thank you.

They might laugh at my plastic boat (superior though it is).

I am loving dinghy sailing by the way - as I get more time and experience, I hope to do more racing but I need to find a fleet or get more Topaz owners out there.

The mistrals and some Zephyrs are making the trip. 1 race round saddle island in the afternoon, sandcastle building and inflatable rowing in the morning, something for everyone. There is a special trophy for the Lasers and there will be starts for Zephyrs, Mistrals, frostbites and a menagery fleet. The prizegiving for dinghies will be at Sullivans at about 4pm with the main event over at Scotts Landing in the evening (if you can get across!!)

It should be a great weekend.

Cheers

Katharine

MOA president

The Mistrals raced on the Sunday,

The prestigous Waitangi trophy was won by Luca and Ludy in Mana No 60. Closely followed by the President in Whisper No4, Simon Manning was 3rd capsizing at the beach nowhere near the finish line entailing Jack Manning to have to sprint to the finish line.

The Mark Foy handicap race had all 7 boats racing around Saddle Island finished within 2 minutes back at the beach. Mikka Marthe displaying the some quite athletic skills when departing his boat to run up the beach, nose diving into the surf.

The crews race was won by Jack Manning (his first time ever helming) and crewed by multi national champion of an assortment of vessels Simon Manning.

The single handed race was won by the Master Tony Dalbeth Hudson followed by Neil Gerkin and the Brett Blackey.

Archived