What happened to Sea Shepherd?

The founder, Paul Watson, has been ousted from his own organisation!

For many, he's the face of Sea Shepherd: Paul Watson, now silver-haired in his early 70s, co-founded the controversial direct action group in 1977 after an acrimonious split with Greenpeace. However, in a shock to many Sea Shepherd followers, Watson says he's been thrown overboard amid rumours the organisation is taking a turn away from its controversial past.

Watson says he was told his image is incompatible with where the organisation is headed. Some country chapters, like France, have been outspoken in their support of Watson. Others, like Australia, have been publicly tight-lipped.

But regardless of the fate of Sea Shepherd from here on, Watson doubts he'll ever see a way back. Instead, he's launched a new direct action group and is in the process of putting together a new fleet. He says a number of Sea Shepherd's Hollywood backers are now giving him financial support.

"I set up the Captain Paul Watson Foundation. I know it sounds a little egotistical, but I figured, well, they're not going to be able to take that away from me."

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/479585/he-s-walked-the-plank-but-ousted-sea-shepherd-captain-paul-watson-says-he-s-building-a-navy

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/11/30/us-court-orders-ban-on-new-zealand-exports-of-several-fish-species/?fbclid=IwAR0mhalAqNKFQnZQKKpSWJhPR-2Vn-YczRsJA-6S6jvpq0JEMCZONLaFbTc

Conservation group Sea Shepherd has been left with no alternative but to file legal proceedings to ban exports of some New Zealand fish species into the US, according to activist Michael Lawry.