Te Kouma race over the weekend

One of the more interesting races in a while. Looked windier than it really was for the start, a lull and the rain stopped for a while tempting people to change up. Then a good 25+ line squall with rain and a steady 20 for the rest of the way to the finish. Some of the biggest waves I've seen for a while.

Well Done to Daggy and crew on Zero Tolerance. They smoked it. And Les on House of Elliot even changed up a size on kites on the run. Otherwise crews were sailing pretty conservatively.

We put in a reef for a little while, and had a great sail. Apart from the fact the crew had drunk all the rum and there wasn't any on board for the coffees.

And while it was still coffee o'clock, by the look of things. I am amazed that any boat would continue racing on that basis. :eh: I'm sure there have been mutinies for less.

So is that why you went home Jono--we had the rum --you could have come over in the rain (vertical lines of it ) and had some of ours .

Yes --an interesting sail which my all women crew handled really well ,even if we werent competitive --we all learnt a lot especially how well a 1020 goes with a reef and the number 3 (thanks a to Mike Lanigans advice on that one )--l will need to use that combination more often and its a pity l didn't have this combination going down --it was far windier coming home with a small vicious chop between waiheke and Browns island !!

Daggy couldn't make it, but we enjoyed the race anyway... Few of the boys were a bit pale after sitting downstairs through the light stuff in the Motuihe Channel.

Archived