old ropes

shanson

Gidday

This is probably one for you oldies!

I've just dug out around 100 meters of what I call Manila Rope and what my wife calls Abaca rope. (She's Philippino)

Most of it is in pretty good condition, around 1 inch dia, it's been used (but not recently) as anchor rode.

Is it worth keeping or should I ditch it? She mentioned something about it not getting wet, kinda pointless on a boat!

SHANE

Keep it or Tradeyou it. We sell motherships (would be mother loads but I've been a drinkin) worth for landscaping and the likes. Lately huge meterage into gyms for softcocks wanting to up there something cepts.

Charge fecking moonbeans as well, the punters who buy that have no fecking idea. Opps, did I write that out loud?

Natural fibre line is still required in certain applications on ships so there is still a market for the stuff - but it does have to have a test cert with it proving it's properties....

Oh my, when was I last offered an opening like that?

Not sure I should answer, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Instead I'll tell you this fun fact. The Mexican fast food called a burrito. The word burrito translates as little donkey. But in the vernacular it refers to a donkeys penis. (Sort of like the little fella).

The snack was named so due to its physical appearance, but Mexians get a great kick out of coming to the US and seeing donkey penises (peni?) being advertised everywhere.

Archived