Camper ETNZ on the move

SloopJohnB

I went for a tour this morning at Chaffers.

Very cool, nothing there that doesn't make the boat go faster!!!

Not a shackle in sight anywhere, this is standard now.

The moulded into the carbon attachment for the spin sheet blocks on the stern was my favourite detail.

No photo's sorry.

Waiting for the call to say I won one of the 6 rides this afternoon. Someone has to win. :D

yeah I noticed the lack of shackles too Slacko.

Hard to believe the boat has only been in the water 2 weeks. Looks pretty sorted.

Also surprised how cramped it is inside. the canting gear takes up alot of space, have not been on a canter before. Less room inside = less room to be thrown I suppose. Altho she is so wide, standing at the port wheel there seems a long way to go to get to the other one!

Also noted how minimal the nav station is nowadays when almost everything is on laptops.

def worth a look, and had a great tour by Chris Nicholson (skipper). Best of luck to them all.

I got some shots from the water as well. Didn't win a ride obviously :thumbdown:post-1348-14188717955.jpg

This was the only one I got with the sails full. It quickly accelerated briefly.post-1348-141887179552.jpg

That is one big headsail!

Just thought I better say what a great bunch these Guys are, approachable (despite being incredibly busy) happy to answer any questions, (having a tour of the boat with the skipper was pretty cool) maybe the future of our sport isn't so gloomy afterall. You're welcome back at the Mount anytime guys.

Camper and her Crew.jpg

Just thought I better say what a great bunch these Guys are, approachable (despite being incredibly busy) happy to answer any questions, (having a tour of the boat with the skipper was pretty cool) maybe the future of our sport isn't so gloomy afterall. You're welcome back at the Mount anytime guys.

:thumbup: totally agree willow. These guys are great ambassadors for the sport.

I am pretty sure they find these PR days fairly trying with so much to do, and despite having some non sailors in our group, they answered all the 'odd' questions with complete tolerance and professionalism, like it was the most sensible question they had ever heard (one classic question, not kidding, was "so what is the difference between this race and the americas cup race?" Chris Nicholson did not even blink or appear surprised!). :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: pretty professional I reckon, or maybe just used to dealing with the public on these sort of days.

Archived