New Toro 34

Hello all

I apoligise if I have offended anyone on my inquiry it was not my intention I just wanted to get some feed back from multi sailors around the world about a new product to the market with unique features not found in other catamarans of this size.

For those that are curious on price, this full carbon spars, 3DL carbon sails and infusion hulls sells for $160,000.00 canadian fully rigged plus shipping. The boat is aimed at Raids, Coastal racing, Match racing and Sailing school.

Again sorry if I ofgfended anyone

160K CAD = 201K NZ

Looks like she fits in a 40ft container so say $5K shipping so now 206k NZ

Plus 5% duty so now $216K NZ

GST at 15% so now $248.8K NZ

Allow a bit more for incidentals.

That's a pretty sharp looking price.

But sad to see the thieving Govt takes 20% of the landed price.

Again sorry if I ofgfended anyone

Ahhh.....we're easily ofgfended around here!

"off-gendered" perhaps? :shock: Or maybe "degenerates"?

Anyway, I thought some of the feedback in the first thread was quite direct and could have been put to good use.

I agree Murky, we'll quickly develop a name for being twitchy easily ofgfended Kiwis! While I appreciate that the members were trying to protect the interests of the venerable many tentacled one, I'm glad to have heard about this boat. It's good to see us protecting our own. But Squid and all NZ boatbuilders haven't been harmed in the making of this thread cos I can't afford it anyway!

Nice looking boat.

Boy

You don't miss much I guess I was typing a bit to fast

But to my defence and if you heaven't noticed the F &G are right next to on another on the key board Ha! Ha!

You guys may offend easy but you are funny

Dont forget $160k that also includes the trailer with a mechanisim to raise and lower the mast without outside assistance (i.e. crane, hoist etc

Would any of you guys know any organisation or boat distributor that you think might be interested in importing and distributing the Toro34 in NZ

Knot so much easy offended, believe me I've tried to piss off most here and it isn't as easy as one would expect generally, more than looking after Mr Squid, the site owners interest. He is a OK sort of a dude.... but please don't tell him that, he'll get all excited and may dress up in a miniskirt to celebrate. Don't worry, it's a local thing, the Maoris do it all the time, knot that Squid is one though..... actually now I think about it, Yes he may just have a kinky streak ;)

Anyway while we have your attention. Was I correct in assuming one of these beasts will fit into a 40ft container and if so does that include the mast and all the bits? For us way way down here that would be a serious bonus due to shipping costs, which could add something like 30K to the price.... yes guessing a bit but it would be well up there.

Also if it is easy shipped like that Trans-Tasman battles can be played out a lot easier, in which case more interest on both sides of the ditch, in which case more sales for you. You may find a targeting Aussie and NZ while chucking in a few 'The Kiwis reckon they'll kick your arse in these so you better buy one to practice with', sort of a angle could be worth consideration. The Kiwis and Aussies have a very intense rivalry so often sporting contests can more look like a small war. But be aware if Canada pisses either of us off we will arrive together, in force, empty all your pubs of alcohol and attempt to shag all of your women, then all race home........ in boats we'll take from your marinas ;)

I'm sure some dealers/brokers have seen this thread and are pondering it already. A huge number read Crew but don't post on it. If they see this as viable I'm sure you'll get calls pretty soon.

Sell the concept to us and if we are OK with it the phone calls will come sooner. Just think of this thread as the potential farther-in-law of the girl of his you want to have a crack at. Make us (the father-in-law) happy and then it's up to you (with the dealer) to get our figurative gear off (wallet out) :) :)

And when you sell one here remember Mr Squids website gave you some good advice, I'm sure he'll appreciate the nice gift you'll forward.

You suggesting someone owes
the thieving Govt

an apology, Pales?

If you hold your breath waiting for that please tell someone to inform us when your funeral is.

No duty so 248K so back down to around 237K.

That's knot to shabby I would have thought.

Hey Pedro, you might have to change the name of you boat to Repeat Ofgfender!

I find the totally ogfesgive, I would withdraw, but I think I promised that once before and it didn't work out too well.

Anyway I seemed to have missed something? who did he she or it ofgefend? :eh:

Archived