Fullers Ferry rescue

wheels

Sounds like the Fullers Jet Raider Ferry may have blown an engine yesterday. There was a Bang and it came to a stop. They had to get another Ferry alongside and evacuate the Passengers across to it.

It sounds like they had a very lucky (calm) day to conduct a transfer from one boat to another. If it had been blowing a hoolie I'm not sure what they would have done instead.... maybe towed it in?

I hate that jetraider boat anyway, it's a nasty, noisy, smelly, wake-churning thing often driven with bad manners around small boats. I hope it's irrepairable.

couldnt agree more to be honest AC. what a nugget ferry it is. any more breeze it could have been an interesting episode! glad it wasnt but what use is a jet powered ferry that big really?

Guest mental outlook

The worst ferry I have been on by far. And scary in a big sea way. Came back from The Barrier on it a few xmas' ago into 30-40 from SW. The muppet who was driving it took off at full-nana out of Fitzroy and nearly destroyed the thing launching it off waves. Passengers sick everywhere. I thought the thing was going to implode and was very close to heading to the bridge for a word when he backed it off. The guy should have been fired.

Archived