Mini Transats Are there any in NZ ??

Five up match race team, one year campaign and your not looking at change from 100k.

There are perhaps 5 top level NZ teams.

Most of those boys and girls are well known and supported through/by the local industry, and on results this is deservedly so.

Conrad Coleman doesn't appear to be able to generate the same level of support. Just my observation, but I would say that the easier and more trodden route for kiwis is match racing, and for Frenchies its more down the solo route.

Though recent rumours could indicate that the match racing route has just proven an excellent choice for another NZ team...

hiya .. hey thanks for your post. Thank you for your email follow-up. Really appreciate that.

Why there arent any / many mini transats in NZ. Frankly ?? Cos they are so incredibly expensive to manufacture. Even second - hand ones (in Europe) go for around 40,000 Euros (whats that - about 60 grand?). I would bring one back from Europe in a container; as an ex I14 sailor, it is my personal ultimate racing machine - but hey, 40,000 Euros .. sadly, not for me ..

Though recent rumours could indicate that the match racing route has just proven an excellent choice for another NZ team...

Waka Racing? it will be interesting to see what happens with them and their little training stint with the team China.

Anyone managed to make any progress in this field since the last update??

Looks like such a perfect class for NZ. Suited to a lot of our waters, and our sailors.

Id be very interested in getting involved.

Archived