A William Fife

wheels

been looking at it. A smaller version of this pic which I spent a year on sailing around the western pacific back in the 70"s ( I can make myself out standing in the companionway) Hey Wal I made that topsail - better than a blooper any day.

That one has been on other sites at around 80k.

post-3043-141887187926.jpg

Maud has been on the market for quite a while now. She had some big numbers on her first off, and I always wondered( like I often do about boats listed without name or significant history) why there was no mention of the fact that Claud Worth was one of her owners and that she's written up in the seminal cruisers manual, " Yacht Cruising". I see now that history is on the ad, which is good. I suspect that boat would be of great interest to a UK yachty.

Another of Worth's boats, Tern II is back here after leaving in about 06 or so. She had a disastrous trip and was basically abandoned in Tonga by her American owner. ' Rescued' and brought back here a couple of years ago on a ship.

What's the gaff ketch you were on, David?

Ron of Argyll. it spent many years in Antigua owned by a local character called Jolyon Bryerly who did some charter work there.Then reappeared in Sydney where it was bought by Andrew Clubb. He did a major renovation including sails which is how I met him. We spent a year cruising Lord Howe, Noumea, Vanuatu, Solomons, Louisades and back to Cairns.

The best thing we did was remove a hulking great 3 bladed prop and put a feathering 2 blade on it. Made a huge difference.

I believe she's in Queensland somewhere now.

post-3043-141887187939.jpg

Archived