Tauranga - 26thOct

rigger

G'day 'rigger' THANKS for keeping our spirits high over this side of the ditch. Wonderful pics. You'd just kill to be out there in the middle of it all.

How come you weren't sailing. That you - at work - ship on stb side of 2nd pic from the top??

Did you & everyone in here - get gagged - on a word about 'Rena'? what's up?? Coverage over here 'sucks' - never a word about what's up. The only way I could let yachties know was by sending your info on tho them.

Sure hope you's guys get it fixed. I'd hate to see it turn into the - mess in The Pacific - like 200 million tons of rubbish floating across the ocean towards the Marshall Is. - bugger that's a whole lot of sh*t to clean-up. Just like your cat-ass-trofy - not much being said about these disasters. Anyone know why we can't get AC 45's environment team helping out. It's not like Oracle Corp & Larry Ellison are short of contacts at the top level or money either for that matter. Enjoy your weekend sailing blokes. I'll be slashing 14 acres o;f paddocks, double bugger. Ciao, james

There's a steady report here on the salvage, steadily but slowly getting the oil out but it's a tricky job. Settled weather has helped and there is a king tide coming on the weekend with it being 40 cm higher than normal, so it will be interesting to see if the boat moves or whatever. Many parts of the ship are flooded so it probably will stay. A crane ship is retrieving loose containers from the sea and a bigger tug has arrived. On the beach areas the sea has uncovered some more oil "patties" with an oil spill that occurred recently heading north. As you can see by riggers photos we are back sailing again with the remaining oil mainly visible on rocks on the shoreline that has dried to look like tar coatings.

Archived