Blocked Again

Whats up with all the live sailing events being blocked for NZ

First the AC 45's....and....now

The Volvo first in port race is outlawed for NZ.

Who do we have to thank...or if its a business,boycott for this outrage?????

The ones on TV Stephen, or some other ones?

I saw the TV ones and yeah enjoyed them. Wasnt super exciting as the Volvo should be, but that was all to do with the weather and nothing to do with the coverage

The ones on TV Stephen, or some other ones?

I saw the TV ones and yeah enjoyed them. Wasnt super exciting as the Volvo should be, but that was all to do with the weather and nothing to do with the coverage

Yeah the one that tv1 did. forgot to add that and there wasn't an edit button. It was a shame that there wasnt 20 knotts like earlier on in the morning so we could see how these boats might actually handle.

Heck yes, short course sailing with these things on the edge of control would be perfect. Cant wait till some heli footage comes along of them power reaching in a decent blow out at sea.

Like this?

The highlights of the race were really good. Did anyone get to watch them.

I didn't watch the highlights, for two reasons... firastly, I am not really interested in highlights, and secondly, I am not really interested in highlights.

I did however watch the full replay on the volvooceanrace livestream feed. Apart from the fact that there does not appear to be a way to unsubscribe from their livestream beta which I find really offesnive (well, I couldn't find one, and gave up after 20 minutes of searching), what was available via livestream was really good. Except for the world's most ill informed cliche ridden commentator "Martin-state-the-obvious-even-when-the-pictures-clearly-contradict-what-I-am-repeating-for-the-fourth-time".

Jeez the ACWS coverage with no "expert" commentator ruining it and just letting the viewer ride on board and listen to the sailors discussing things is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

Archived