Fishing charters out of Wellington?

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a fishing charter operator suitable for a grandfather to take his 9 yo grandson out for the day?

The trip would be out of Wellington.

Thanks,

Rob

would also suggest Pete Lamb, most of the other options use much smaller boats so Pete would probably provide more space for the young fella and more comfort for Grandad (could be making wrong assumptions about grandad's age here :oops: )

Hey thanks for the feed back -thats awsome. :)

"...and more comfort for Grandad" - LOL I reckon its worth it right there... I took him out on a 16' beach cat once. once.

So, just some feedback on their trip with Pete Lamb-

Bloody excellent.

They both had a ball, the crew were great, vessel was a fine thing indeed.

Grandad and the lad had to work together to reel their monsters in from deep water- wore them out. Grandad holding the rod and the lad using both hands and all his might (he's not very big) to wind the handle.

They came back in the middle of the night with about 13kg of inches-thick groper fillets. A brilliant idea if ever I heard one.

So after the midnight fry up at home the lad was staggering around asleep on his feet. Was all he could talk about for the next few days.

and the fillets? fed the whanau and anyone else nearby. Ended up smoking a lot before it got old. The trip more than paid for itself.

So- Pete Lamb fishing charters are pretty damn good. :)

Rob

Archived