going to get some ropes - advice needed please

sailfish

Hi All,

How long is a piece of string meant to be :roll: Well we have two sheets going to our working jib which is around 80% I think, we have another sail 6feet in the foot longer coming, we have two poles which will be 5m in length, which we have never put up, to pole out and our boat is 13m rear cockpit. So do I need to allow for these given the old sheets furl and would maybe be a good length to go off? Also we have a asymmetric cruising chute to go on, do these take longer sheets traditionally than a furler? One thing I'm not sure of is how many small ropes control a whisker pole? I'm thinking none? or do you need one to hold it up? Also are spinaker ropes generally smaller? or the same size? I think ill get 12mm for the sheets as thats what our pulleys say on them.

We are leaving next week so I'm going to get this rope in the next few days (thats if knot me answers his emails tomorrow :wink: is he at work wheels? ) failing that ill have to use any advice given and source myself :problem:

When we were living in Ft Lauderdale some guy tried to commit suicide. He tied a rope around his neck, the other end around a street sign and jumped off a freeway overpass. He broke both his legs when he landed. His piece of string was too long :lol:

Archived