Classics?

Fogg

My boat is the Iorangi A4, the other boat is Rawhiti A2 Greg is just starting to tune up his boat. We were away at Kawau with him for a few days. That was a neat sail home after the some what ordinary weather of the past couple of weeks. Rawhiti and Iorangi are similar boats. Iorangi is 1901 Rawhiti is 1905. You can see where the Logans were heading. Rawhiti has more beam and carries it further aft. Historically Rawhiti usually beat the Iorangi, with the modern rig in Iorangi we might get closer ! We are the poor cousin next to his amazing restoration. Mahurangi in two weeks is where they will have their first match up. Great photo's !

Hey twist, if you PM me your email I can send you a few more of the better pics of Lorangi, if you want? Unfortunately I didn't have my long lens with me but the pics crop well enough.

You guys certainly looked to be having a fun tussle and I've got some pics of A2 and A4 neck and neck and pretty close to each other!

Yes that was us. We had a great race up until the Brett. Basically we got lazy and didn't change jibs when the weather went light, game over. We were in Lidgards for a few days. The boat you saw in North cove was probably the Ngatira.

Archived