aus registration?

ex TL systems

If an Aussie wanted to buy a boat here that is not a nz registered ship ie never been cat 1 ,can they reg it as an australian boat and then it could leave N Z without the cat 1 cert to go to Aus? There was something in the latest multihull mag where a guy bought a boat in Malaysia and sailed it back to Aus after registering it as Australian. Anyone know what would be involved, thanks

I think there would be a time limit for the boat to stay in NZ without being officially imported (and then attracting duty and GST), but other than that there shouldn't be a reason why an Aussie couldn't have an Australian registered boat here in NZ. There are some pretty funky rules in parts of Aus for boat registration though ... including environmental damage bonds for boats over 15 metres I think it is. Might pay to do some research on that.

BTW, I first thought the title was "anus registration" when I read it quickly. :problem:

BTW, I first thought the title was "anus registration" when I read it quickly. :problem:

hmmmm. Now that is quite some insight into your thinking and psychie Grinna!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived