Camper Fan

Megwyn

Okay, my son (10) is a HUGE camper fan. He has even built his own (with artistic licence) version of Camper and taken it sailing. His bedroom wall is full of pictures of Camper and other yachts.

He really really really wants to go up to Auckland and see the VOR boats - especially Camper. We plan to bring him up to the village to have a look around, and it would give him such a buzz to be able to go out on the water and see the boats in action, and even better, to get a look aboard Camper. (Actually - the excitement of that might be too much for him lol).

We are unable to get RO up there, so is there anyone who could take us out on the water on one of the race days next week/end? (Mum, Dad and the short one).

And Stephen, do you know if they are having an open day on Camper where peeps can take a look around?

Thanks in advance :)

M

So your son is one of these?

camper-vans-used-21.jpg

(Sorry couldn't resist)!

I have a growing list of 'interested' friends/family who are keen to come out on AC although I suspect the reality on the day will depend on a number of things inc weather. So I'm not in a position to commit (which isn't much use I realise) but if I do get a couple of spaces at short notice I can give you a shout?

But if you can nail down a more concrete offer then go for it!

For watching the racing the RNZYS will be as good as anywhere if you don't get on a boat. It is opposite the start and turning mark, you can sign in as a visitor if you belong to another yacht club etc. look at the courses and you will see what I mean.

I think the open day is Tuesday, but I suspect this will be called off with the late arrival.

but if I do get a couple of spaces at short notice I can give you a shout?

Yes please AC

For watching the racing the RNZYS will be as good as anywhere if you don't get on a boat. . . I think the open day is Tuesday, but I suspect this will be called off with the late arrival.

Thanks Jono - I will keep that in mind as a last resort.

Where do we get information re the open day?

M

Okay, my son (10) is a HUGE camper fan. He has even built his own (with artistic licence) version of Camper and taken it sailing. His bedroom wall is full of pictures of Camper and other yachts.

He really really really wants to go up to Auckland and see the VOR boats - especially Camper. We plan to bring him up to the village to have a look around, and it would give him such a buzz to be able to go out on the water and see the boats in action, and even better, to get a look aboard Camper. (Actually - the excitement of that might be too much for him lol).

We are unable to get RO up there, so is there anyone who could take us out on the water on one of the race days next week/end? (Mum, Dad and the short one).

And Stephen, do you know if they are having an open day on Camper where peeps can take a look around?

Thanks in advance :)

Its been planed for Wednesday if the shore crew work for 24 hours a day once the boat arrives.

M

I know how he feels. Did I mention I'm a huge Mike Pammenter fan? I would love nothing more than to get on board him sometime. Although I too fear the excitement may be a bit too much.

Seriously though, I'll let you know if anything comes up. I'm keen to be down in AKL that weekend. :thumbup:

Archived