anyone need some greenhorns?

greenhorn

My wife and I (both around 40) are really keen to try yacht sailing and were wondering if there is anyone out there who might be willing to take us out and show us what it is all about. We would be willing to fill your fridge with beer or whatever is your tipple! Have looked at lessons but they are prohibitively expensive. I have sailed lasers and hobie cats but to be honest neither of us are sailors, but we can offer enthusiasm and a couple of extra pairs of hands! I have been kitesurfing for over 10yrs so if anyone wanted some lessons in exchange perhaps that would work?

Hope im not taking the pi$$! but hopefully no harm in asking.

Cheers,

Neil.

Given your ages at 40+, a keeler may well be better than a small dinghy. It won't tip over and you won't go swimming if you don't want to. There are lots of people about our age and older !!

In Westhaven, Thursday afternoon Ponsonby Cruising Club Rum Races is a great way to try, learn or upskill, offering the opportunity to sail on different boats with different skippers and with different crews. Book via PCC office Ph 376-0245 and be at F1 pier 1500, for 1600 start NZDT.

Beers, coke and even rum accepted and appreciated :thumbup:

Hi mr & mrs greenhorn I'm looking 4 crew to take 10.6 mtr cat back to TGA on Friday 13th or 14th we will be stopping over at the mecs , and then off to Tga just wait on weather pm me or text 0211254640 cheers lance

Archived