Leg 4 finish photos

Well done Stephen. It was pretty grungy out there today with a lot of mist in the air, not the best day for snapping pics.

Anyway, a couple more from today and last night.

IMG_8219ps.jpg

IMG_8144ps.jpg

IMG_8229ps.jpg

IMG_8026ps.jpg

IMG_8174ps.jpg

yea not the best for taking photos and with the amounts of boats around it got a little interesting at times. I can see why people recommended me to go slr. your images are very clear compeered to mine, but its another one of those you pay for what you get.

Ok, I have managed to salvage a few of the pics we took on Sunday.

Most of these were taken by my 10 year old son, with my heavy (for him) camera. So he has not done so bad really! The wakes created from the spectator fleet created a very unsteady platform for him to snap from. And, as AC has said, the air was full of mist, so clear pics were hard for me to come by. These the best I could salvage.

As we poked our bow out past Nth Head, we could see Puma in the distance.

Once we got close enough, we managed to snap this one:

DSCF0832r-1.jpg

Then we headed back to Nth Head, and watched as Telephonica and Camper tore down the Rangi Channel.

Telephonica rounded the Head, then in hot pursuit, Camper bore down on them as she flew past the head. Gibing around, Camper pursued Telephonica, finishing within 2 minutes of them. Amazingly close considering they had been sailing for 20 days. Needless to say, it was very exciting.

DSCF5050r.jpg

DSCF5054r.jpg

DSCF5055r.jpg

DSCF5059r.jpg

Like I said, my son is a huge Camper fan. We couldn't keep up, but caught up with them after they had crossed the finish line.

DSCF5077r.jpg

DSCF5079r.jpg

DSCF5081r.jpg

DSCF5083r.jpg

Not bad Megwyn, the little lad did very well! :clap:

I just emailed you a couple of those high-res Camper pics that you wanted btw. Just under 20Mb each so 2 separate emails. Should print as large as A3 quite comfortably for the bedroom wall if he wants.

i nabbed some shots from a rocking and rolling 727 with a big blue chute up....anyone other than RYC get piccies of us?

camper/tele were out between Tiri and Rangi. A.D. were pegged between us and north head so got a bit closer. nek minit was gone

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Archived