After the NZ stopover has your interest in the VOR changed?

Fogg

After the NZ stopover has your interest in the VOR changed?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. After the NZ stopover has your interest in the VOR changed?

• My interest has increased and I'll follow it more closely to the end
    • My interest has increased for now but the novelty might wear off by the time they finish
    • My interest has decreased now they have left town
    • My interest has been unchanged by their visit

I would much prefer to be on a volvo boat with these guys than on a clipper boat with a bunch of house wives and school teachers.

I'd think I'd prefer to be on a stewart 34 sinking off the west coats than on a clipper boat in the southern ocean.

No "home " button, I was really asking about the integrity of the boats.

In that case yes I'd still go.

Even if there was a drama you are talking about boats with highly experienced, professional, resourceful and able-bodied crews aboard - with the added security of a fleet of other boats in close proximity, easy communication access to shore crews and expert advisers. Plus they have the eyes of the world on them.

So for all these reasons I'd rate my chances a lot better being aboard a Volvo boat than AC in bad conditions.

All I have to say is how long can you tread water???

Have been on a 210ft icebreaker down that way in a big sea.

Have you ever had a forecast of 20m swell??? Know what 100kt winds do to the sea state?? Been hit by a 25m wave that was travelling at 30ish knots across the sea state?? Been on the bridge, which is 17m above the water and looking up at the swell??? Wondering how the hell the vessel has gone past rollover point and come back up(70 degrees)?? Thats right, it was the vessel being pushed at 20 knots sideways and hitting the trough at the bottom of the wave.

And this wasn't that far south, we ran to auckland islands. Couldn't even hold anchor in 15m of water in a sheltered bay, with both anchors out.

Go ahead and do it, but don't think that having experienced people with you will help when the vessel is compromised. Unless they can keep you afloat and alive for more than 2 minutes in 2c water temps.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

All the eyes of the world can just watch as your boat self-destructs and you are on you own.

So that's a yes then? :D

No, more of a case that you are more crazy than I am :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For me it is more of a disapointment that they are sailing in yachts that are not up to the task.

How long before it turns pear-shaped??

WTF, breaking a rudder before even getting to the hard stuff

Even more WTF is the posponment of the leg earlier due to bad weather.

I know they are professionals but surely this is a limit on how much they have to hold their hands because they are not up to the task

Archived