Whiting 29 vs Lidgard 29 vs Marauder

My Marauder has a foam glass hull and wooden deck and cabin. I dont think there were many foam hull boats built?

We also have a deeper keel at 1.65m instead of the 1.45 I think which is standard, and a 1.5m taller rig.

Seriously I would pick a marauder over any boat of a similar size/price bracket. Great performance, extreme volume, stiff, a great class association with regular events and get together's and good resale.

Just remember that they are all very different in both the layouts and the built materials and quality. I think the hull are all pretty similar and/or out of the same mold but the fitout vary alot

DSC_0171 - Copy.JPG

I think the hull are all pretty similar and/or out of the same mold but the fitout vary alot

This is true of many of the 'Stock boats' built in the 70s, early 80s that were finished off from hull and decks by their owners. and many of them did a great job. Do some research, find out the differences between pro and amateur finished versions and go from there. And if you don't have lots of boat knowledge; suggest you get a survey on your prospective purchase.

Archived