Easter weekend

madyottie

well, here's me having another try to drum up some numbers!

Come sailing at weymouth saturday and/or sunday.

25th annual Manukau Regatta.

Hot racing, good water, early starts! Registration from 8am, briefing at 9, and breakfast available sunday morning!

5 minutes from manukau city centre.

Oh, and i'm in charge of it all, so pop down, have a blast, and laugh at me being stressed!

Hope to see you there!

As we'd hoped, it was an awesome weekend!

Sadly numbers were down a little on what we'd hoped, but it was still good sailing.

Saturday's new sprint format, with winner takes-all Mark-Foy final, was really good to watch, and really kept me busy as OOD.

All the sailors enjoyed it immensely.

Weymouth sailors took first and third, with second going to Taikata SC.

Sundays longer races were much easier to manage, and with more boats, kept the timekeepers busy enough.

In an unusual turn-up for the books, the senior division had three boats tied on 4 points for first place. So after some lengthy discussions, we decided to increase the prizemoney and split it three ways.

The winners came from French Bay and Taikata.

The junior fleet winners came from Weymouth and French Bay.

The Frostbite Travellers Trophy was won by F-116, from Weymouth and Taikata.

The glory prize for the day, the Manukau Shield, was won by the host club.

French Bay Yacht Club will be hosting the Manukau Regatta for 2013, and trying hard to regain the shield.

Our posts crossed paths. Well done. Sounds like it was a good day.

I sailed at french bay on sat. No chance of getting out two days in a row!

Yeah, unfortunately we sort-of won by default. Not quite, but almost.

Feedback from the weekend seemed to be that the sprint racing we held on Saturday was far better for the sailors. After 12 short windward leewards (4 races @ 2 laps, final race @ 4 laps) everyone was buzzing.

I would have liked to sail on Sunday for the shield (Jim Q and Rene V pretty much dominated the fast fleet on line) but duty called. Now it's up to your club to better our weekend for next year. I'm looking forward to it, French Bay looks pretty inviting!

Hmmm, Having windward lee-ward courses doesn't suit us 3.7's... But we love sprint races! And the older fellows like to support the bar afterwards!

Hmmm, Having windward lee-ward courses doesn't suit us 3.7's...

Really? Are you sure? The RS600s in the UK love them. Puts the emphasis on boat handling, really makes ya work for every second of the race. In our case, races lasted around ten minutes for the faster boats, maybe 15 for the slowest. So would have been a bit short for a 3.7 or a 600.

Hmmm, Having windward lee-ward courses doesn't suit us 3.7's...

Really? Are you sure? The RS600s in the UK love them. Puts the emphasis on boat handling, really makes ya work for every second of the race. In our case, races lasted around ten minutes for the faster boats, maybe 15 for the slowest. So would have been a bit short for a 3.7 or a 600.

Our class is designed for upwind and good reaches depending on the conditions, But downwind we slow down quiet abit, but saying that, it could let the slower catch up :thumbup:

I've suggested that to him lots! Ive even got a prod that would be perfect for his boat, I think he doesn't like kites after coming for a sail on my 14fter and seaing that you actually have to sail them, as opposed to quietly cruising round the course in a 1 sailed 3.7

Jordin, having a big prod does not necessarily make you a better sailor, especially if you constantly suffer premature ejection. (from your boat!)

Some people enjoy getting around the whole course and testing their abilities against others in similar boats on the water rather than in it.

Archived