Oracle to trial Cup defence boats off Whangarei

chic014

Gotta say, I was looking to see some reference to April 1 in that story.

An area known for breeze influenced by landforms and sea conditions influenced by tide.

And a deepwater port - for multis?

It had been rumoured for a long time that Oracle were going to do their testing in NZ, but the location was unknown. It must be a huge boost to the NZ boat builders to have four 72ft Catamarans to be built in the country. Does anyone feel like doing some spying on Oracle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For how long? I mean could you even get close to them? They'll have burly guys in Get The F*ck Ouuta Here boats and in any event in more than 3 knots of breeze they'll be gone so fast...

It had been rumoured for a long time that Oracle were going to do their testing in NZ, but the location was unknown. It must be a huge boost to the NZ boat builders to have four 72ft Catamarans to be built in the country. Does anyone feel like doing some spying on Oracle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For how long? I mean could you even get close to them? They'll have burly guys in Get The F*ck Ouuta Here boats and in any event in more than 3 knots of breeze they'll be gone so fast...

when theres a will theres a way :wink: who owns a helicopter?

Oracle has had guys living in the apartments across the viaduct from team nz for months, when they see the 33's going in they jump in the chase boat and wait at the entrance for them to come out and follow them around all day.

Oracle has had guys living in the apartments across the viaduct from team nz for months, when they see the 33's going in they jump in the chase boat and wait at the entrance for them to come out and follow them around all day.

gee that must be a satisfying job!

4 x 72ft carbon, wing sailed, hydrofoiling cats. Doesn't get much better does it.

The first ones will be pretty conservative me thinks. The second ones will be very interesting indeed :thumbup:

Archived