Backstay bridal or cascade?

sow1ld

Hi everyone I need advice on my backstay system on my cav36. It currently runs bridal system that has been pooly set up. Where the bridal attaches to the boat is lifting. I would like to set up a cascade system (x3 single blocks then a 4:1 or 6:1) but all the reading I have done seems to only recommend this for fractional rigged boats. Any thoughts? Would this be ok, what size swl blocks do you think I would need?

P.s.the main reason I prefer the cascade system is so I can return the attachment point to the big assed bracket thats tabbed in to the boat. A hydraulic ran would be nice but $$$ any help greatly appreciated!

There are some non hydraulic type adjusters. I used to have one that ws cranked up with a standard winch handle, way cheaper but can't remember the brand.

A boat that I sail on is planning on taking out the winch handle type as its to slow, about 30+ turns at the top and bottom marks so if your not doing any short races and are interested let me know and I maybe able to get it cheap ?

Archived