Sanctury Cove Boat Show

Nothing new, nothing different and nothing that overly interesting we all haven't already seen.

All the boats on the water can be easily all described as thus - cream gelcoat coloured with no mast, one mast and one hull or one mast with 2 hulls. Yeap, that cover every one of them. There were a lot though especially in the 35-65fter diesel swilling range.

Gear wise, you all probably seen everything that was there already.

Next to no alloy 6-8mt fish killers, only glass ones and more leaning towards 'pretty' than fish gutting.

No yachts bar the usual import AWB ones and a rather nice 5mt (??) speedie looking day sailor. Bad Kitty may see that a smidgen different with is bigger multi leanings but again they were all AWC's rather than speeders or sexy one offs.

The show set-up and location was very well done, bar everyone having to bus in from a carpark 10mins away due to zero parking on site. Quite classy really and way more family orientated than we have seen here.

About the only stand out, bar a helicopter was this interesting, WTF, Ya Whot!, you have to be frecking kidding me vessel. It had the strangest looking rudder :lol:

post-646-141887201026.jpg

post-646-141887201028.jpg

KM, a small bit surprised there wasn't a Ker40, MC38 or Farr 400 there.

Looks like there's an interesting little market battle developing in the 40ft race market in oz with these toys. The target market for each is probably a little bit different but still all serious race boats.

Possibly more of a Sydney thing than Queensland and I guess it's easier for prospective buyers to travel to a boat rather than vice versa

Knot that I saw, unless they have been desexed making them blend in amongst the AWB's or were parked in a obscure spot.

They, one or all, may have been down one of the permanent marinas. They had closed gates at the top of them so maybe they could have been there and viewable only by invite only. I did have a suss down those from the top for any sex but nothing jumped out.

The race boats haven't been to Sanctuary Cove for a while.

Newcastle Yachting was there a few years ago with the Grand Surprise.

Sydney, McConaghy, JBoats, and Elan all do Sydney Show very well.

2-6 August if you were wondering.

For yachting, Santuary Cove has been the domain of the cruising cat, the time share boat, Jeanneau, and a smattering of Beneteau and Catalina from the state dealer.

Its a sad sign that my favourite monohull last year was a 2nd hand J130 being sold by a private couple.

Weirdly this compares with the equipment side, which up until this year was probably a better place for new releases.

Archived