Leg 1 2014

One design or not I just can't wait.

Will ETNZ race again?

Who will the crew be?

Will CAMPER sponsor again?

Will NZ get a stopover and, if so will it still come to Auckland?

How many entrants will there be?

Will the racing be sooo much tighter in OD?

So many questions!! So long to wait!!

Will CAMPER sponsor again?

I was just think they certianly had a pretty good run out of this campain!

I think the Team NZ did a great job to turn the boat into a moving billboard - far better than the others. Interestingly it looked great from afar but pretty rough up close - just roll on paint.

Will the racing be sooo much tighter in OD?[quote

All good Qs but I can't see how the racing could be any tighter than what we've just seen with the VOR - give or take it was pretty much in the balance right to the end.

Looks like Mike wants another crack at a title

Sanya skipper Mike Sanderson will be back racing as early as this weekend but the big date circled in his diary is in late 2014 when he expects to return for another campaign in the Volvo Ocean Race.

Sanderson skippered ABN AMRO ONE to victory in 2005-06 and while his race this time with Sanya was not the same glittering success he is determined it will not be his final appearance in the Volvo Ocean Race.

"So where to now?" Sanderson wrote in his final blog post as Sanya skipper. "Well I have a busy year sailing, first regatta starts this weekend on the new Bella Mente, then Leopard, Living Doll, then back to Leopard and Bella Mente.... all fantastic opportunities and great programmes.

"But the big one is that I have decided to come back and try my very hardest to have a team in the next edition of the 2014-15 Volvo Ocean Race that has the very best chance of winning....!! so it is full steam ahead with that."

2014-15 would in fact mark a fifth appearance in the Volvo Ocean Race for Sanderson. The Kiwi made a winning debut in the race with Grant Dalton on the maxi New Zealand Endeavour in 1993-94 and sailed on Merit Cup in 1997-98 before his triumph with ABN AMRO ONE in 2005-06.

Archived