Ross 930 Assn

Get this message when try and PM you.

"Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt."

So to get PM it looks as though you need to update your user control panel settings.

a.f.u

I saw something that suggested the 930 contacts are me or Ian No Worries. Don't know if that was news to Ian but it was to me :)

There are numerous 930ers cruzing Crew, AFU being just one, so whatta ya wanna?

Yes .... Must change settings.

If you must know.... After all these years those nice folks at YNZ have sent me an invoice for your annual subs!

Hands up who wants it!

This is an automated reply - KM has left the building so please pass all invoices to AFU :lol: :lol:

Send it to Dianne at the Ponce CC. She'll make someone do something with it.

After all these years is right. If you got this one and the one before that, just how many years was the gap in the middle and WTF are YNZ up too? Best you don't say 4 years in an Olympic year as one could easily interoperate that as someone may need some cash for a 5 ringed cocktail circuit.

If you must know.... After all these years those nice folks at YNZ have sent me an invoice for your annual subs!

!

Wonder what woke YNZ up!!

Could it have been KM trying to register the Reptile and telling YNZ we are resurrecting ourselves? Or could it have been Nasher Dog asking them technical questions like "What do we do if a 930 decides to sink?". The only subs we pay so far are in Rum or beer at the Pons on the 1st Tuesday of every month. So here is an idea for you.... join us at the Pons, buy all 930 owners there rounds of rum and/or beer up to the value of 75% of the YNZ invoice. That way you get to join the 930 group at a 25% discount!

a.f.u

You could be forgiven for thinking that the only 930s in existance are in Auckland, and that any 930s association is, or would be, in existence purely for the benefit of 930 owners (and/or crew) in Auckland...

You could be forgiven for thinking that the only 930s in existance are in Auckland, and that any 930s association is, or would be, in existence purely for the benefit of 930 owners (and/or crew) in Auckland...

One could but one would be wrong. There is some extensive chatting between 930ers NZ wide at the moment, further afield than just NZ actually. The chatting has been going on for a long while. It's very good and is very close to setting some rule tweak in stone. As a Class we have also, and already, introduced new rules and other stuff to ensure everyone can play nice, play fair and get home to play with the kids. The 930's aren't gonna stay stuck in the 1980's like most.

Watch this space, it's likely to be a quite interesting one shortly.

Roger that. I'll pass it on to Dianne and stand by for the new rules "press release". Good to hear re the 80s. Probably time the association phased out bloopers, mullets and wine cooler. Mind you - if the suit fits?

So what is a R930?

All the R930's I’ve seen have been bastardised in at least one shaped or form, and are completely different to each other.

If i put a R930 keel, rudder, mast, sail plan and cabin head on H28, does that make it a R930? Or if i have a R930 hull, and put a new keel, rudder, mast, sail plan and a H28 cabin head on it, this that still a R930?

Lets face it, the R930 owners have Y88 envy and the "class" has been ruined. :silent: :angel:

Ive got no problem with it at all, just curious to know how you form an class association to capture a bunch of different boats, seems contradictory to me. Perhaps a "Open 930" whereby you create a box rule that R930's fit in?

So what is a R930?

All the R930's I’ve seen have been bastardised in at least one shaped or form, and are completely different to each other. You haven't seen that many then as the majority are still all the same, +/- masthead kites. Many of the Turbos are also damn near identical in gear

If i put a R930 keel, rudder, mast, sail plan and cabin head on H28, does that make it a R930? Or if i have a R930 hull, and put a new keel, rudder, mast, sail plan and a H28 cabin head on it, this that still a R930? No and No, all you'll have is a good looking hull with nasty looking tack ons. None of those options would fit the existing or proposed small Class rule tweaks

Lets face it, the R930 owners have Y88 envy and the "class" has been ruined. :silent: :angel: Yeah we get told that a lot but if it helps them justify whatever they need to, more power to them

Watch this space and you are at least 18 months behind the 930 team.

at least 18 months behind

Story of my live, and just like the anchor and chain youre suppling me :wink:

Must go, we're sailing Pittwater and the Hawkesbury River this weekend with far to much rum. Interestingly, the water police in NSW breathalise boaties over here - same limits at car driving, which could be problematic :shifty:

Archived