Westhaven's rates increase

I got my rental rates notification today. &*#*%#*& Westhaven :thumbdown:

Increased from $15.65 to $18.50 daily (10m berth with finger) - that's 18% without the GST factored in!

If you want a less than 7 day rental it has gone up to $23.50 per day - this is a new fee catagory and is a 50% increase for the visiting yottie or someone who wants power for a few days to do some maintenance.

If you live on board you get a 23% surcharge - I don't think there was one before. So if you are on a visit from BOI and you stay on board your 10m yacht for less than 7 days you'll pay a massive $28.90 plus GST/day. Expensive!

How much longer will I be able to afford this? What other options are there? I've tried a swing mooring before but then one looses the ease of doing maintenance, keeping the batteries topped up, running a dehumidifier in winter, etc.

I can see plenty empty berths soon………

Edit HTML...

their web site is still showing the old rates (i think) - but it does show a 40% surcharge charge for liveaboards..............I think that's been the case for a while??

Anttay - did you get your notification in the snail mail? Or by email?

looking forward to getting mine............not. :thumbdown:

That is a bit rude!

Have been thinking of moving my yacht from my 10m berth in Westhaven across to bayswater to park behind my new boat as I have room to squeeze it in there.

So if anyone is interested in a 10m berth (no finger on H pier) for $12/day on a month to month basis let me know - I will then decide whether to shift her!

Terry B - by snail mail.

AB 1974 - Pity you don't have a finger. I can't get my long-keeled boat with an offset prop to back into a mooring……especially in any kind of cross wind. I'm sure that there will be lots of others lining up to take it at that price.

Archived