Farr 3.7 with gennaker?

Thinking of making sailing a little more fun over the summer...

Now the question is, Does anyone have a gennaker that would fit a 3.7?

I would have to find out the hoist over the weekend when I go for a blat.. MAst overall is 7m I think...

prod.jpg

Hi 203, I think I might have something to at least get you started - have a home made gennaker I made for my Laser (was going to have a crack at the Manly Pole Race title back in 2010 - had a great set up for it all planned, prod and strings + shockcord everywhere!) but sold the boat before getting to use it in anger, so it's since just been used as a staysail on my keeler when cruising. It's a plastic and tape job - welcome to try it out. 2m foot and 4.7 luff, couple of pics attached. Probably like to have it back if it survives a few inevitable capsizes, but no biggie if it doesn't. I'd like to see some photos of it in action tho!

gennaker 1.jpg

gennaker 2.jpg

Hi Richard. Looks like I have found a genny that is from a 3.7 for next to nothing...

bit of progress today on the prod, got a halyard cleat sorted etc, next will be fitting some spreaders..

308130_2411324019985_735731661_n.jpg

prod att.jpg

I know many of you arnt following this, but ohwell.

Little bit more progress with it.. Managed to score a gennaker,sock and carbon rudder stock for 50bucks on the weekend!

Got a halyard mount done today, And started having a play around with set ups etc...

If the winds light enough tomorrow, Ill rig her up and you might just.. Maybe, get a peek at the gennaker and set up!

Then next it will be actually sailing..

Photo0362.jpg

Photo0350.jpg

I see study break is being used to full effect mate!!

looks good

Theres no better way to spend your school holidays then making stuff out of carbon and messing around with your boat!

Looks good, a lot more professional (and permanent) than what I had arranged for the Laser. One thing I had set up was the tack line with an auto shockcord retrieval back to the cockpit, so that at least one corner of the gennaker would end up back where it should be when you try to drop it - that only leaves you with the head, clew, mainsheet, tiller and trapeze hook to worry about!

Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Looks good, a lot more professional (and permanent) than what I had arranged for the Laser. One thing I had set up was the tack line with an auto shockcord retrieval back to the cockpit, so that at least one corner of the gennaker would end up back where it should be when you try to drop it - that only leaves you with the head, clew, mainsheet, tiller and trapeze hook to worry about!

Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Cheers, Thanks for that!

Iv actually got a chute thats mounted on the bow handle, Ill upload once I can resize it on another computer.. so just pull the retrieval line, and bam, its all gone!

ill get some more photos tomorrow and kepp you posted.

Ok, While the wind had buggered off, I had a little play around with the gennaker and rigging the damn thing!

Heres some photos of how it went...

The first photo is a Before When I first brought the boat, I since have re-decked, new floor and side panels, varnished and painted etc.. Then the photos after the first one are the after..

Got abit on these next couple of weeks with the coastal and regattas etc, so wont get to sail it for a few weeks! :(

Anyway, Thats it for now...

221975_1344811397836_5838234_n.jpg

487932_1968867678853_2112536691_n.jpg

522175_2432607592061_312184645_n.jpg

561900_2432607472058_642157035_n.jpg

60215_2432607792066_675376488_n.jpg

421309_2432607152050_892085981_n.jpg

I think a Jav genny would be about mast head on the 3.7 rig, not fractional. Unless of course I put like a 14ft prod on my boat like Someone else in these forums :silent:

Yeah I held his rig up against my rigged up jav, the kite would of been mast head and waay too long on the foot. But then again, it might just be a case of him and the mast hardening up and sending it!

Yeah I held his rig up against my rigged up jav, the kite would of been mast head and waay too long on the foot. But then again, it might just be a case of him and the mast hardening up and sending it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Atleast I have a sea worthy boat that I can SAIL. Get a move on with that 14!

went sailing today with the gennaker.. pretty successful day with it wrapping around the forestay just once! Needs alot of work aswell as a recut...

Photos to come :thumbup:

Archived