Fuel Polishing unit to borrow

wheels

In regards to our latest discussions on this subject, I have a question. I have been thinking about making a mobile fuel polishing unit for "crew member" to borrow. It's an expensive thing to build, but I would consider it if there looks like a need.

So I am wondering if anyone would be interested if they could obtain such a thing.

Sounds like the start of something big Wheels. i was thinking of syphoning mine through a filter. My Father used a syphone hose to clean the bottom of aquariums , worked similar to a vacume . I f ing hate the spelling f ng thing on here tells me I've got the spelling wrong but not a hint as to the correct spelling! Why not make it and hire it out through the crew site if thats all cool with Ogre.

Not sure if I will need a UV filter for fuel. But thanks SM.

A fuel polishing unit it usually a couple of big Racor Filters and a gear pump. You suck the fuel out of the tank, through the filters and then pump it back into the tank using a really flexy hose that flails around a bit to wash all the tank. Leave it going till the fuel runs clean.

Archived