Help to identify old main track

OYSTR

Can anyone identify the brand of my main track from this emblem (R and C, possibly also O, separated by an anchor). One of the "keeper" cars is broken and those I've spoken to so far haven't been able to identify a replacement (Ronstan only go up to 32mm width on the "I" track and mine is 36mm

photo 1.JPG

Its old RC marine gear which there is no bits available for now a days hasn't been for quite sometime now.

Unfortunately you are either up for making new bits yourself which is quite costly or replacing the lot with a new track. You will find with the new tracks they won;t have the same bolt mounting as most of the old tracks are imperial and have either 3 or 4 inch bolt spacings and the new tracks are 100mm spaced. The way around this is to use a sliding bolt track which locates the head of a hex head bolt inside the track and you can vary the spacing but you have to be able to get to the nuts on the under side of the deck to tighten.

Cheers

Its old RC marine gear which there is no bits available for now a days hasn't been for quite sometime now.

Unfortunately you are either up for making new bits yourself which is quite costly or replacing the lot with a new track. You will find with the new tracks they won;t have the same bolt mounting as most of the old tracks are imperial and have either 3 or 4 inch bolt spacings and the new tracks are 100mm spaced. The way around this is to use a sliding bolt track which locates the head of a hex head bolt inside the track and you can vary the spacing but you have to be able to get to the nuts on the under side of the deck to tighten.

Cheers

All bad news, but thanks for clearing that up for me.

Boat haled out yesterday so fixing a few things, and to boot I have Fico genoa cars in perfectly good shape except for the sheaves that are breaking up - another obsolete part.

I have Fico genoa cars in perfectly good shape except for the sheaves that are breaking up - another obsolete part.

Can you get some new sheaves turned up on a lathe to fit? That might/should be more cost effective than changing to new cars and possibly new track to fit.

I have Fico genoa cars in perfectly good shape except for the sheaves that are breaking up - another obsolete part.

Can you get some new sheaves turned up on a lathe to fit? That might/should be more cost effective than changing to new cars and possibly new track to fit.

Yes, I've just got some off the shelf replacement sheaves and going to drill out the rivet and put in a clevis pin and see how that goes first.

OYSTR

Give me a call on 0275515061 or drop me an email blair@kiwiyachting.co.nz and I can help you out xmas specials in all.

Cheers

Blair

Thanks Blair, two owners previous had a pulley set up on the track to move and hold the main car so I'm going to ditch the keepers and try that for a bit. If that doesn't work out I'll be in touch. Cheers, Rob.

Archived