Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust - ratepayer funding cut

Farrari

I just received this email. I make a regular donation to this along with Coastguard membership as I figure they are both essential services and do a bl**dy good job. Of all the PC crap and wastage I put up with funded by my rates and now they want to cut funding in something I see real value in that saves lives! How screwed up is that?

As a friend of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust we need your help to save our ratepayer funding – and it won’t cost you a cent.

We are set to lose a quarter of our current $1.2 million per year ratepayer funding in 2013-14. The funding cut, proposed by the Auckland Regional Amenities Funding Board, could mean rescue helicopters being available for fewer hours and with reduced capability. Public submissions are needed to turn this around and you can help. It will take just a couple of minutes and could help save lives.

Simply click here http://www.rescuehelicopter.org.nz/index.php/news/newsletters/doc_download/34-arafbsubmission.html, download the simple submission form, add your details and email a copy to the Auckland Regional Amenities Funding Board at the address provided on the form.

We want the number of submissions to reflect how the public feels about the proposed funding cuts so please respond and forward this to your friends and family so they too can show their support.

Submission close on Friday 8 February.

Thank You.

Murray Bolton

Chairman

Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust

P: +64 9 950 7201 F: +64 9 309 2122

http://www.rescuehelicopter.org.nz

That is crazy and will cost lives eventually if they have to cut their services...... I cant see why they would think that they need to cut their funding?

There was an article a week or so back where the trust was demanding more funding from the rate payer pool - if they had their way then, then some of the other 9 organisations would have lost funding - there is a fixed percentage of rates that goes towards the 10 organisations.

Do some research - if you support them in this issue it may cost other organisation that you could also be a supporter of

BTW - They do not have the courtesy to thank the Auckland rate payer - or was 1.2million not enough to be counted as a major sponsor.

Also for once Lenny may not be to blame...

Archived