Artemis V2 hits the water

So OR is as slow as Artemis, must be reassuring for ETNZ.

That may or may not be true. IF Oracle were pushing 100% and not sand bagging, then that might be true.

If it is true, it's either great news for ETNZ, or it's terrible news. It depends on whether Artemis is faster or slower than ETNZ.

If Artemis is slower than ETNZ and Artemis really is equal with Oracle - great news.

If however Artemis is equal with Oracle, and Artemis is faster than ETNZ then that is not great news at all.

Either way, it is an interesting development.

ETNZ will never race Artemis. If LR beats them in the semis it's a good sign. OR are much quicker then Artemis.

We need to know how much faster OR is than Artemis and then compare to LR vs Artemis.

At the moment LR looses 100m every bad gybe. Imagine how much Artemis will loose?

OR still looks slow in the turns but OK in a straight line

I'll say it...

...I am not convinced LR will beat Artemis.

Also, in case it's too hard to extrapolate... __IF__ Artemis are faster than ETNZ then ETNZ most certainly will race Artemis. __IF__ Artemis are faster than ETNZ, then they'll surely beat LR... so __IF__ Artemis are faster than ETNZ, there's a lot to worry about.

If they are not fater than ETNZ, and Oracle were sailing at 100%, it's great news.

AR do not have great control over their foiling at the moment and for this reason I don't see how they have a quicker boat and the slick crew work to beat both LR and EMTNZ. How can a boat that one the first line up loose the second one? just faking for the cameras?

The peeps on the streets are backing Russ's call, a few months ago, that Artemis will be Challenger of record.

You heard it here last :lol:

Cayard ain't no slouch.

Stay calm and carry on :thumbup:

I think you are confusing your terms Dude. Artemis IS the Challenger of Record. Nothing is going to change that. (well almost nothing - they could withdraw...).

The Challenger of Record is the title given to the first Challenger. The Deed of Gift provides that once a Defender receives a valid challenge they must accept it, and furthermore they cannot accept any subsequent Challengers. The issuer of the first Challenge accepted is named as the Challenger of Record.

Other Challengers may participate in a Challanger elimination series only if the Challenger of Record agrees to hold one. It is now customary for the Defender to be and Challenger of Record to be to agree before the Defender to be actually wins the America's Cup as to what the terms of the challenge the Challenger of Record to be will issue - and one of those terms is that the Challenger of Record to be includes provision for a Challenger Elimination Series.

By mutual agreement, the winner of the Challanger Elimination Series goes on to respresent the yacht club that is the Challenger of Record in the America's Cup match. For example in the 32nd America's Cup in Spain, ETNZ, entered representing the RNZYS, but after they won the LV Cup and became the Challenger they actually sailed in the America's Cup match representing the Challenger of Record BMW Oracle Racing and the Golden Gate Yacht Club.

For this America's Cup the first Challange received was initially Macalzone Latino's yacht club, Club Nautico di Roma. They withdrew from the contest on May 12, 2011 and were replaced as Challenger of Record by Kungliga Svenska Segelsällskapet, the Swedish yacht club through which Artemis was challenging.

I think you are talking about who will be the 'Challenger' and sail in the America's Cup match. If so, it's a big call to say it will be Artemis. If you're not saying that, and you are actually saying Artemis will be the Challenger of Record - well, d'uh! That's like saying the sun will come up tommorrow.

:oops: :lol: Duuude!

That sounds awesome. The sun coming up tomorrow :thumbup: that's cool and the best prediction so far.

Correction sailors - I mean Challenger.

I spoke to some Dude mates sailors over there and the talk is Artemis has some real cool foil kit that has some good data being produced.

They think that if the Arty dudes can perfect it they may have a speed advantage.

They are really watching the Rolexs going forward.

:oops: :lol: Duuude!

That sounds awesome. The sun coming up tomorrow :thumbup: that's cool and the best prediction so far.

Correction sailors - I mean Challenger.

I spoke to some Dude mates sailors over there and the talk is Artemis has some real cool foil kit that has some good data being produced.

They think that if the Arty dudes can perfect it they may have a speed advantage.

They are really watching the Rolexs going forward.

Yeah, I think they look nice also. But with no time and no resource to translate data into a meaningful gain, the writing is on the wall for these guys unfortunately. Although best of luck to them, at least they’re out there and seeming to have made a good step towards starting a race. It was pretty clear that OR boat 1 was all over them yesterday. Probably won’t truly know where AR are at till they line up against LR next week or whenever it is.

Would be a fairy-tale result for them to go out and take it to LR in this next race. The AC does need a story like that, but I will bet my spare bottle of Mt Gay rum that it doesn’t happen. Deal?

I reckon Artemis are doing very well considering the lack of test/training time. The boat looks pretty damn good to me. It ain't over yet, and their race with Prada will be very interesting...

Go ETNZ!!

Archived