Some yacht owners do stupid things....

idlerboat

This is not a comparison with the guy that you have been talking about...in fact it makes him positivley responsible !

A vessel that I inspected. A steel chine boat that was so far from sea worthy it either needed a crazy person and hundreds of hours and dollars or be scrapped.

Holes to daylight, rusted through the hull. Lots of them.

Other areas so thin that a slight knock would breach.

Dodgy motor, that hadnt been going for years, crap hoses....stuffed control systems...nacked wiring...rain water swilling around the hull...stuffed rig............the list is endless. You would not put this boat in the water unless you were nuts.

But they did.

And it gets worse......

In the space of a few days, they welded plates straight over the most obvious "daylight"...slapped some paint on it...got the engine started.....and then put it in the water.

I dont realy care what else they did in three days...the fact is they then left !...

Now we had a gale warning on that day..

Now again I dont care what they did in the next few days...to leave a safe harbour with a boat thats held together by luck is wrong.

Again, I inspected this boat. The SB windows where not even attached and sealed (It was a project that stalled....and then just sat....and sat)

The steering was a wheel after thought on a tiller steered boat. You had to stand at the VERY back on the lazerette to steer.

It was by any reasonable inspection stuffed.......

The person who had the responsibility for the sale arrived with the legal paper work...donated charts...and a weather forecast to find that they had gone.

The charts becuase there was no electronic navigation on board

History will show that they got to southern NSW had a fire on board, and got rescued and towed by the Eden water police.

Imagine how those cops feel.....they see enough stuff that happens to well prepared vessels......then along comes this....Not even registered.

These people apparently have a project that they want the boat for....I wont say more because I dont want oxygen for people who do so much damage to the rest of us.

I trust that the legal system stops them in their tracks.

This attitude is very unusual for me, because I hate my freedoms being stripped away by "rules"

Rather , everytime some nuff nuff does this, it gives more power to legislators to curtail MY freedoms.

I would never wish someone to die, but in their either arrogance, or ignorence they set out on a suicide mission. Dumb luck the only thing that has saved them.

GGGrrrrrrrrr.....

I am sure more will come out.

Archived