A nightmare Transpac Race.

SloopJohnB

Crazy. I wonder when the movie will happen? The two crew are better guys than me... I would have tied the owners up or thrown them overboard.

Interesting that the front page of Sailing Annarchy has SA calling bullshit on this one...

I am sure I read this story the other day but before the transpac so I agree with the above.

Just read the thread - it sounds quite implausible.

The writer clearly knows little of sailing ("Jake and I fought like hell and battled 15 kts wind with huge sail of the spinnaker"), and the syntax sounds like a bad Google translation. Quote: "We use the autohelm to get us through some hairly situations", "At the moment of his rage....".

I'm with SA on this one.

Did wonder on the battling death with the kite in 15kn. Also, if you wanted a drink of water & the tap is taped, just pull the tape off.

Yep did read the piece, sounded like a fuckwit himself..... end of. If a person has done any sort of offshore miles, there is no way they would make such stupid comments.

If you are a half decent yachtie, you will always pick up a ride on something half decent for a passage.

Agree with SA on this one.

Archived