Instruments

Chewing Gum

I know there have been previous threads on this topic bu i would be good to hear the latest thoughts. At present we have quite old Autohelm gear which has been great but is starting to have a few issues. New stuff is very pricey though. So far I have looked at Raymarine, Furuno, Garmin and Nexus

Yep, rediculously expensive here in nz. Best bet is to import it yourself. A brief search finds http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... id=2086335

Probably better than you found in NZ?

I'll be looking to add instruments to my product list, but have not done so yet. The main suppliers are pretty well tied up.

You should look at Simrad as well... :D

I would defer to IT's technical expertise but as an "average" user (and installer in our case) we have had a good run from our Nexus and Kiwi Yachting as distributor. Good info and advice from Gappy on this site at the time of purchase, hasn't missed a beat since then (touch wood) and does everything I need.

It is one of their basic packages and to make it expandable in future, I would have had to go up the range a couple of levels but I was aware of that at the time and it has turned out to be a realistic compromise for the $ we had.

I have heard a couple of instances of people that have had issues with theirs but to the best of my knowledge Kiwi Yachting are good about standing by the gear and have sorted it out for them.

Archived