Info on a boat I've bought

ducman

I'm looking for information on a 7.5 metre wooden boat called "Frances", I recently bought. The former owner could tell me next to nothing about her except it's constructed of 3 layers of edge glued Oregon, epoxy sheathed. Built by an American that left the country before she was launched (possibly in the 60's) and apparently sailed with the mullet boat fleet although I don't know how long ago. She has a fin keel and spade rudder. The skinny, keel stepped 12 metre mast with two spreaders and a jumper is probably not original and looks as though it's stepped a little further aft than the original (wooden?) mast. Low cabin top with a nice curve to the front with 3 round portholes... ring any bells?

Ok, not too many bells clanging about then. I have discovered she used to be gaff rigged with a bowsprit and judging by the bronze chain plates is possibly early 60's... anyone?

http://www.yachtingnz.org.nz/racing/boat-search has Frances as a Logan design with sail number 11, possibly a bit older than what you are describing. Try searching for your sail number. And posting a few pics of the boat might help.

Archived