The Challanger of Record will be

Word just in is saying and he seems sure of it ......drum roll please................The Hamilton Island YC.

Still trying to confirm the word, anyone else heard anything?

Lazza ego would suggest we'll see AC72's again along with the pop corn race format. He wanted that before, held the cup using that so why change it.

But lets just wait a bit as I've just had word in from over there that could be a massive even in the usual AC world full of wank wank and bullshit. If it's true it'll make Adolf Hitler and Lance Armstrong look like Saints.

the best thing to come out of this event is ...8-9. we dont have to spend the money to run the next event, much cheaper to just turn up and come 2nd, almost the same media, but a lot cheaper

I personally don't think we'll see the AC72's again. They're just too expensive and it really limits things in an extreme way. As far as I know, the stated goal remains 10-15 competitors and I truly believe efforts will be made to scale back the cost of fielding a team. And that definitely means no AC72's.

As much as I like the AC72's and what this has done for the sport (more positives than negatives, imo), I don't think anyone believes the cost of entry is sustainable. It's just not compatible with the goal of a dozen(ish) competitors.

Archived